This webinar will include a description of the various methods used to focus an ultrasound beam including the use of an acoustic lens and how electronic focussing operates.
The method of operation of multiple focal zones and the use of variable aperture on transmit will also be discussed. The principle of operation of receive focussing will also be reviewed. The webinar will also include an introduction to multiple beamformers.
Key learnings and outcomes:
Gain an understanding of:
- How the design and operation of a transducer are used to focus a beam.
- The use of the beamwidth formula to calculate the width of an ultrasound beam at the focal point.
- How electronic focussing operates in an array transducer.
- The use of multiple focal zones and associated compromises with ultrasound imaging.
- The principle of operation of dynamic receive focusing.
- How variable aperture on transmit and dynamic aperture on receive operates
- The function of a beamformer and the use of multiple beamformers in an ultrasound system.