This webinar provides details of the individual internal components of ultrasound transducers and how these components operate. It will also introduce the principles of multi-element transducers and explain how sound waves interact with each other through wave interference.
Key learnings and outcomes:
- Knowledge of the construction and operation of a piezoelectric element
- The reason for the use of damping material and how damping material functions
- Knowledge of the necessity to use a matching layer
- How a multielement transducer is constructed and operates
- Gain an understanding of wave interference principles including constructive, destructive and complex interference.