This webinar covers a description of spatial resolution including axial and lateral components, contrast resolution and temporal resolution. The description includes how beam factors and other system components affect resolution and methods that can be applied to improve these resolutions.
Key learnings and outcomes:
- An understanding of spatial resolution and how beam geometry will limit the axial and lateral resolution that can be achieved with the machine.
- Knowledge of how other ultrasound system components can affect both axial and lateral resolution.
- An understanding of the nature of contrast resolution and how contrast resolution affects the quality of an ultrasound image.
- An understanding of the importance of temporal resolution in imaging rapidly moving structures and the relationship of temporal resolution to frame rate.
- Gain knowledge of various methods that can be applied to improve the spatial, contrast and temporal resolution during an ultrasound examination.